Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kangaroo Care!!! Fun Times:)

This morning Mommy had her 1 week check up. They took my blood pressure and it was 116 over 62 which is back down in my normal levels. Yesterday around noon, Christianna had her 7 day brain scan and when we got to the hospital this afternoon, Nurse Lee told us that the doctors said her scan was normal. Another blessing God has given to us!! The nurse also told us that Mommy could hold Christianna if she wanted to and of course I jumped at the chance to hold my Bundle of Joy. She really did well while I was holding her. It was just an awesome feeling to have MY little one laying on my chest, to hear her breathe, and feel her little hand open and close on my chest. I absolutely loved the feeling of holding her so close to me. The only thing that I wished for is that Daddy would have been able to hold his little girl.


Mommy talking to Christianna

Daddy talking to Christianna

Getting Christianna ready to be held by Mommy


Mommy doing Kangaroo Care. It tickled when Christianna opened and closed her hand. It was just a light little movement

First family photo

Daddy and Mommy looking with love.

Mommy beaming from ear to ear because she holding her little girl.

Mommy rejoicing that her little Chris is doing so well that she gets to hold her.

Mommy giving Christianna a loving kiss.

5 comments:

  1. Answered prayers and you are beaming at holding that little one.Papa and Mama are beaming to at the Happy news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the "test" comment. I'm havin' trouble gettin' on my account. Anyhow .. let's try this again! My heart has been so warmed and touched as I've been looking at the pictures of Christianna. Even better, it's been so nice to be there at the hospital with you 3. The pics are beautiful, and I don't know WHERE the tears came from when I was lookin' at the pics a little while ago, but all of a sudden THERE they were! They're tears of JOY, though .. because I'm just SO happy for you all! Call me day or night if you need me! Lots of love to all 3 of you! Pastor D.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you finally got to hold your baby girl. There is nothing quite like it!! The smile on your face says it how. I am so glad Christianna is doing so well.
    Keep up the good work Christianna and Grow baby Grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great that you were able to hold her, and even more great that she continues to do so well. I'm so happy for you all, and love keeping updated through the blog. I hope to get up there one of these days to see her, but the girls have been sick. And, I know the I need to keep the germs far, far away. Can't wait to meet her in person, and please know that I'm available if you need anything at all.
    Much love,
    Danelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special that you both got to hold your precious baby girl. That has to be very exciting. Glad to hear she is doing well. I enjoy the updates/pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete