Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Home! God is so GOOD!!!!!

Christianna is home!!!!!!!! It has been an exciting day for all us.

This time 7 weeks ago, I was in the hospital, laying in bed in total disbelief that my baby girl was going to be born 12 weeks early. I was a little shocked that it was really going to happen. I keep asking myself "why was I the only one in my family to have a preemie? I don't know how to take care of her once she does come home. How big will she be? Is she going to make it?" All of those things kept running through my head. It was really overwhelming. If it wasn't for family, friends, a very loving husband, and a Savoir who cares about those little preemies and thier parents I would not been able to leave the hospital knowing my baby was there and I could do nothing for her. Not knowing what the next day would bring. Not knowing if they would have to call us in the middle of the night for something. When I left that hospital on the Saturday after she was born, I was scared. It wasn't suppose to happen this way. I was suppose to be leaving with my baby not leaving her laying in the NICU at only 2 lbs hooked to a breathing machine, tubes and wires.
Now she is here, home with Kevin and I. Weighing 3 bls 12oz. I just can't believe how well she has doing. NONE of my fears happened, because God is GREAT. God has shown mercy to all three of us. Christianna did not have to go through some of the things that some preemies have to go through. God has allowed Kevin and I draw closer to Him and to each other. Now a new set of fears are here, but I know that God will calm those fears just like He calmed the last, because God is that calmer of storms. This whole thing has been by the Grace of God. I may never know why God has allowed this to happen to us, but I know that God is in control and He knows what is best for us.
Thank you all for your prayers during her hospital stay. She still has much to learn and do. So please keep praying for her. She has a doctor appt. tomorrow afternoon, pray that goes well and she will not have any setbacks. We will try to keep making posts when we find time between all the feeding and diaper changing (daddy finally got a nasty one!!!) : )
See how tiny I am?!

5 comments:

  1. So good to see this picture. Like Papa said she is little but little babies gets bigger. She is so beautiful. So Daddy got the nasty one(diaper)Praise the Lord for her. Love
    Mama and Papa PS Who gets up for first feeding & diaper changing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord! So glad she is home. What a presious bundle of joy.
    Dave and Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that they don't make carseats for premies. She looks like she is swimming in that thing. Glad she is home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious Christina! I am so glad that she got to come home. We will continue to pray for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad she has come home and everything is going well. She is in great hands. Between yours and God. HE has angels watching over you and her. She is a true blessing. Love Mommie, Daddy and Matthew

    ReplyDelete